Roof maintenance is very important for the longevity of your roof. It is all too often overlooked or ignored. A well-maintained roof can provide years of service and delay the need to re-roof and in so doing save you a significant amount of money. On the other hand, a poorly maintained roof can develop a range of problems that could end up costing you a lot of money.
It is a good idea to perform regular checks on both the outside and the inside of your roof. Once a year is generally sufficient unless there has been particularly heavy weather and storm damage in the neighbourhood.
You can do this yourself if you know what your are looking for and if you are comfortable with getting up on a roof.
- Make sure the roof is clean and free of debris.
- Check the gutters are clean and draining properly.
- Make sure all ventilation is in good working order and free of obstruction.
- Trim back any branches so they cannot come into contact with the roof.
- Check the flashing – re-attach any that has buckled or become loose
- Sand and repaint any metal pipes or flashing to keep from rusting.
- Check caulking and re-caulk with high-quality exterior grade caulk.
You need to pay particular attention to possible future problems and take the necessary steps to deal with them there and then.
Louisville Roofing Contractors can assist you with any of your maintenance issues.
If you would like to discuss any of our other services such as roof replacement or re-roofing we will be happy to help, Call today!